Software Development is at a point where for every Commercial Application, there seems to be someone who develops a free similar product. Which basically means there is no need to pay out tons of money to get some useful software. I have compiled here, a collection of 15 amazing apps that are absolutely free. These will be useful for Photographers, Designers, and Animators. As you go through the list you will wonder how some of these are offered for free.
I know some software developers and I know that there are years of work put into some of these. Just imagine spending years of time developing something then just giving it away. There are descriptions for each app along with samples when possible. I can't say it enough, but some of these are just WOW! You can thank me by getting a friend to subscribe to the blog. Thanks for reading and I look forward to your comments.
This Has Been your find from the Search Whiz. Make Sure to Sign up for the blog and follow me on twitter. Trust me I do not disappoint!
1)GimpShop : (Mac + Win) Maybe you have heard of the popular alternative for Photoshop, Gimp. Well this is a remake of the software in order to resemble the layout of Photoshop. This program can do everything that Photoshop can. Everything. It will make you say "I can't believe it's not Photoshop".
2)Adobe Kuler : (AIR based, Universal) A Great tool to simplify the world of colors. Use it to create color swatches by selecting your own colors or let the software generate its own color theme from an image. This is the kind of simple software that can save you hours of time.
3)Name Changer: I hate having to change the file names of photo sets one by one. This will let you select a batch of files and change all of the names at once and puts them in sequence. Just wonderful.
4)Shape Collage: (Mac + Win) Mostly for fun, but can inspire ideas. Use chosen photos to create a photo collage in any shape or arrangement you want.
5) PosteRazor: (Mac + Win) When you want to print out a picture in poster size, but don't have large paper or don't want to pay for a print. This will automatically split up your image into separate pages of chosen paper size and save it as a PDF file. Then you can print it and place the pages together.
6)TiltViewer: (Universal) Gives a very unique interface for your photo portfolio or album. To see a nice example, click HERE.
7) DrawBerry: (Mac) Create Vector based images in this fully loaded app. Simpler than using Adobe Illustrator.
8)Sweet Home 3D: (Mac + Win) An interior designers best friend. Use it to create top view layouts and then view it in awesome 3D.
9)Lego Digital Designer: (Mac + Win) Every Lego brick at your fingertips. Use it to create 3D models with lego bricks and then have the option of ordering the actual pieces in a kit to build the real thing.
10) Blender : (Mac + Win) Can you say "No way this is Free!" Very Powerful app for 3D Design and Animation. Even if you don't animate, you will definitely want to check this out.
11) Daz 3D studio: (Mac + Win) This goes Beyond animation. You can create amazing portraits like in a virtual photo studio. Has tons of free model downloads so you can use it just like a model. A Must Download for the sake of creativity.
12) Scratch: (Mac + Win) Developed by the genius people at MIT, a great app which can help you create simple animations and games. It is idiot proof, so even I can make my own game.
13) Flaex: (Mac) Takes Flash files and picks it apart. Saves all of the sounds, images, frames individually. Very useful.
For the Rest of you:
14) SketchBox: (Mac) You can make layered sticky-notes with text and drawings. good for quick notes and ideas.
Don't Forget to Comment...