Monday, May 25, 2009

Sing Karaoke on Your Computer

If you know me, then you know I'm a musician and can't get enough of performing. Like most people I sing in the shower and in the car, but there is a virtual stage waiting online. its called Singsnap. You just go online and sign up up for a free account then you can choose from a ton of karaoke songs and record them through your webcam. You can even record the video, if you feel like you deserve to be heard AND seen. The site used to be even better until the law stepped in and deemed many of the songs illegal to post due to licensing. Now as a free member you can still record many of the songs, so it's still a load of fun. If you prefer they have a gold membership for $12 a month which gives you a lot of perks such as more songs, high quality audio, and key changes. So tonight instead of annoying your household from the shower, do it from the comfort of your webcam and post up your talent. Before you know it, you will have spent a few hours on this site. trust me. I know I did.  Here's one of my old recordings of tequila sunrise by the Eagles. Not to mention pointless use of video effects. good times. good times.



I have a lot of audio experience so let me know if you have sound troubles when recording. cheers.   www.singsnap.com

No comments:

Post a Comment